Monday, November 17, 2014
Friday, August 1, 2014
Pancreatic cancer is the growth of malignant cancer cells in pancreas. Pancreatic cancer is the second most common cancer of the gastrointestinal tract after colorectal cancer.
Pancreatic cancer causes
- Cigarette smoking
- Genetic mutation including K-rias, P16, and TP53 genes
- Diet: A non-vegetarian diet is more prone to give rise to malignancy than vegetarian diet, as high protein diets known to stimulate endogenous cholecystokinin.
Pancreatic cancer histopathology
Pancreatic cancer is firm, grey, poorly demarcated multi nodular mass often embedded in a dense connective tissue stroma.
Tumor arises from epithelial duct and almost all cases it is an adenocarcinoma. Papillary cystadinocarcinoma, adenosquamous carcinoma and giant cell carcinoma are forms occasionally encountered
Pancreatic cancer signs and symptoms
- Chronic persistent pain in epigastrium radiating to neck
- Weight loss
Pancreatic cancer metastasis
- Invasion: Tumors of head of pancreas may invade the common duct and duodenal wall. When they penetrate the duodenum, they often compress or invade ampulla of Vater.
- Metastasize to regional lymph nodes and to the liver. Most commonly metastasize peritoneum, lungs, adrenals, and bones.
Most of the patients who are diagnosed for cancer are supposed to undergo a surgery in order to remove the tumor. Similarly, more than 9...
Malignant connective tissue tumors or mesenchyme are called sarcomas. Sarcoma accounts 1% of all malignancies in adults. However, it’s the...
The term metastasis refers to the process that malignant cells from primary sites invade into lymph vessels, or blood vessels, or bo...
Breast cancer diagnosis at early stage is a very important part in treating and curing the disease. As mentioned in our previous art...
Stages of lung cancer are decided on how much the lung cancer has spread in the body, whether the cancer is local or has spread from...
Penile cancer is the growth of malignant cells (cancer cells) in tissues of the penis. Penile cancer usually occurs uncircumcised men an...